The original boat house was a tiny wee shack built in the 1920’s. Over the years the weatherboard house was altered, tweaked and extended, until a surf loving architect took ownership. With humble plans the house was reinvigorated into an updated, modern yet relaxed beach shack using as many of the original house materials as possible.. The new rear pavilion is accessed via a glass link/study which was designed to extend the original house to engage with the lush greenery in the backyard.
Photography by © Nikole Ramsay